Monday, July 30, 2012

A Weekend of Eating Like Crap!

I should probably say almost a year, but that's not quite true.  Over the past few months I've found a love for Cheese Puffs that out of control and excuses, excuses, excuses for why we can cheat... way to often.

With starting CrossFit I decided today is the day to start eating right again.  I ovbiously cannot handle eating right without my fancy excel sheet so it's back in play too.  Now that does not mean there will never be cheats, but there will at least be a good attempt to keep them to a minimum or at least not daily.  To get this rolling I'm also laying off alcohol for at least the first 12 days.  I say 12 because in all honesty I have a birthday party with a friend who I have not seen in years and I know there will be at least one or two glasses of wine involved.

To start out right I planned out our weekly menu this morning and my daily eats this morning before the day got too far gone.

Weekly Menu
Monday: Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats from SkinnyTaste.com
Tuesday: Eggplant Napoleon - Adapted from our favorite appetizer form Cafe Mangia since we got a beautiful looking Eggplant from our Farm Share
Wednesday: Turkey Taco Chili Soup from SkinnyTaste.com
Thursday: Subway Night - It's camp family night so we needed quick & easy
Friday: Crockpot Mexican Stuffed Peppers - I've found a few recipes I'm adapting from, but will have homemade enchilada sauce, turkey, rice, black beans and corn I think.

Daily Eats
Breakfast: Eggbeaters with Light English Muffin
Lunch: Lean Pocket & Carrot Sticks
Dinner: Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Snacks: Banana, Apple, Strawberries, Chocolate Rice Cake

We have Day 4 of the On Ramp tonight.  Can't Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment