Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finding my groove

I've been an on and off dieter most of my life and was negotiating with myself to just accept the foodie within (I love love love to cook and bake) when I saw on Facebook that Jazzercise was starting a Jazz it off competition.  I'd been doing Jazzercise since August and had admittedly gotten a little lax after a few too many out of town trips in November / December got me out of my groove.  That and dieting with Jazzercise was just not happening.  I figured it would be good to give it a shot so on the last day (or what I thought was the last day to sign up) after my 6am class I went in and told the instructor I'd give it a go.

Jazz it off is Jazzercise's version of Biggest Looser.  Weekly weigh in, the person with the highest percentage of weight loss wins a prize out of the prize closet (left over promo's and other good stuff) and then at the end of the 12 weeks the Biggest Looser gets $200.


So the program started on March 7th, but that was my 5 year old's 5th birthday and my 18 month's old Aednoid / Tube Surgery so I technically say I started March 8th.  I went in for my initial embarrassing weigh in on Tuesday morning at 6am (because there was no way I was weighing in at my 4:45pm class after a day of eating!).  The following week I was down 7.4lbs and I was positive I'd be the Biggest Looser that week... but I wasn't.  Someone went down over 4% of their body weight (I was only 2.89%).  It was at that point that I made it my goal to at least win one week as the Biggest Looser.  By the 3rd week I finally did it. I remember getting the IM from my sister-in-law saying "You WON!!!".  Now almost twelve weeks later (two more days till it's over) I've won 5 or 6 weeks and am happy to report I'm down 41.6lbs (hopefully more at tomorrow's weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment