Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I went MIA

Summer Happened... Now it's time to get back on track...

I've got about a 4 day a week Jazzercise habit, sometimes 5 and generally a 2 day a week running habit, whether it be a short 1.5 mile loop or sometimes longer.  I miss Jazzercising more but with Nate in Kindergarten and bus drop offs it's hard to make it more. 

I ran my first 5K in July and LOVED it.  I plan to run another one on October 30th (if the weather is good -- there's a kid's fun run so I don't want to drag Nate in cruddy weather), if not that one then one on the 17th of November and maybe on in December. 

My sister in law has her Marathon this weekend in Newport.  I will be playing the part of Marathon photographer and taxi driver.  I cannot wait.

I've become slightly obsessed with some running blogs and I plan to train for the half marathon next year.  First item on the list is to run a 5k without stopping and walking.  I can do a mile, sometimes, but I need to get more consistent.  With the help of my lovely pregnant friend Jen's garmin I'm working on pacing.  I still suck at it. 

My weight has stayed the approximately the same, hanging in the high 80's / low 90's since July.  I'm 100% sure if I only tracked my food I would be able to take off some more, but I'm also quite content that I've found a groove to maintain. 

That's all I have to report at the moment, but I'm hoping to get back in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment